To Enhance Or Not

I'm talking makeup, here.  Sure, there are days when you just want to let it all hang out, but when you do decide to do a little bit of enhancement ("putting my drag on"), don't be afraid to try out different looks. Play makeup the way we did when we were wee ones.

I'm sure you've noticed the magazine articles that instruct based on age, but I'm here to suggest that you look at what's what and decide for yourself what you like, and if you see a look/shade/color that doesn't make you look like you escaped from Ringling, Barnum & Bailey Circus, then go for it even though it might be listed under "Age 40." Remember that your fabulosity is T I M E L E S S! You are a unique individual who refuses to allow yourself to be confined within a society-defined box because of your chronological age. Try different shades and finishes of color makeup products to see what works best for your individual skin and will give you the desired result. You might do better with some of the higher end lines, but "it ain't necessarily so." Give Cover Girl, Revlon, Physician's Formula, etc., a try. When it comes to eyeshadows my go-to brand is Bare Minerals. For lipglosss I like Mary Kay, Stila, and Laura Mercier. I splurged on a red Dolce & Gabbana lipstick not long ago and I absolutely love it!! For eyeliner, I like Sephora's giant pencils (bit of shimmer); and Mary Kay's Love Lash mascara is definitely on-point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix the Rape Culture

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

What Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self?